Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 37: We now have official tax-exempt status!!

Today has been a great day already!  I was able to talk on the phone to Paco, the President of Camarones, and I am gearing up to head back down to Ecuador for some on-the-ground planning with the community.  I am also still working on organizing a few more fundraising events with the help of friends here in the US, and I am continuing to raise money for construction of the community center, as well as future programming and initiatives in the community.


AND, I received our official determination letter from the IRS in the mail, and the Camarones Community Coalition is now listed as a public charity with tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, effective September 26, 2011.  So, all of your donations are considered tax deductible!  


So, now is a great time to see how you can help!


Thanks again for your encouragement, energy, and enthusiasm in this initiative.  As always, please feel free to email me or post below if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions!





No comments:

Post a Comment